Building a sustainable tomorrow
Do you want to work on the largest architectural and infrastructural projects in the Netherlands for the market leader in this field?
As Project Director you will be accountable for managing the SPV’s (Special Purpose Vehicle) obligations of large and complex projects during the construction and operations phase and act as a crucial link between the various stakeholders including investors and consortium partners. Ensuring operational excellence, timely delivery and that construction and services remain within budget will be key.
You will be responsible for multiple projects in both the maintain & operate phase as well as new projects in the construction phase. Initially the role will focus on the management of the new Ijmuiden Sea Lock, the largest sea lock in the world, which has recently entered the maintenance and operations phase. BAM Infra together with the consortium partners will be responsible for the maintenance of the Sea Lock for the coming 25 years.
Future projects may include those in the energy transition, infrastructure or in non-residential construction.
You will report to the Operations Director of Invesis Netherlands/Belgium.
Key external stakeholders will include clients, (sub) contractors, technical advisors and investors. Key internal stakeholders will be senior management within the various BAM operating companies and Business Units.
This is a broad and senior position combining contractual, financial, risk and relationship management. The key activities and result areas are as follows:
- Connect and ensure smooth relationships between the client, construction & service partners and financing parties, balancing and managing the interests of all stakeholders, ensuring alignment;
- Monitor the availability performance of the project in operate & maintain phase ensuring the project is within contract and financing agreements;
- Monitor the construction budget ensuring the construction phase is well within the financing agreements;
- Identify and proactively manage & evaluate both project specific as well as project transcending risks;
- Provision of reliable and timely status reports reflecting realistic status against program, budget and additional analysis on cost development ensuring that Board of Directors can make sound decisions;
- Manage contract variations and deviations from the specification facilitating optimal use of commercial opportunities;
- Coordinate activities of the construction project team ensuring a productive working environment;
- Manage the technical process and realize integration between technical work streams with internal and external parties involved in the project.
What are we looking for?
This is a critical and diverse position within one of Europe’s leading developers of public-private partnership projects. We are looking for self-starting and competent project managers, with an excellent feeling for relationships, who want to play a crucial role in the construction and operate & maintain phase of these multidisciplinary projects.
Education and experience
- A Master’s degree in Civil engineering, Construction, Architecture or related subject. Additional qualifications in Law or Finance or an RICS qualification are advantageous;
- At least 10-15 years of proven affinity with project management in a construction (related) environment, preferably with exposure to PPP;
- Affinity or experience with technical contracts;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
Personal Characteristics & Competencies
- Connects naturally, transparent communication and well-developed inter-personal skills. Bridge builder and negotiator;
- Integral approach; ability to make the connection between technical, financial and legal interests;
- Result orientated, analytical, structured and solution driven;
- Proactive, takes ownership and anticipates; mind-set for continuous improvement;
- Commercially astute, pragmatic and agile;
- Naturally curious, eager to learn.
What do we offer?
In addition to a good salary, we offer excellent secondary employment conditions. You will join a committed team who keep an eye out for each other. There are also many opportunities to further develop yourself personally and to think along about solutions and innovations for the future.
Who are we?
Invesis transforms lives through sustainable infrastructure. We are a global investor and developer in infrastructure projects that create a lasting legacy for future generations. Our experts manage all aspects of an investment from development and financing to design, construction, maintenance, operations and all the way through to handback. Whether transportation, social infrastructure, energy transition projects or digital infrastructure, our team has the expertise, knowledge and commitment to ensure every project succeeds. Invesis provides clarity, certainty and confidence in every project, so that our clients and partners can exceed expectations, deliver value and create a better future for us all. Find out more at www.invesis.com.
Do you have any questions, or would you like to know more? Feel free to contact Stephanie Binning: [email protected] +31(0)6 21 11 01 33.