Job title: Project Development Director (US)
Office location: Ideally the role will be based at our office in the DC area but considerable travel throughout the US will be required.
Number of hours: Full time
Who are we
Invesis transforms lives through sustainable infrastructure. We are a global investor and developer in infrastructure projects that create a lasting legacy for future generations. Our experts manage all aspects of an investment from development and financing to design, construction, maintenance, operations and all the way through to handback. Whether transportation, social infrastructure, energy transition projects or digital infrastructure, our team has the expertise, knowledge and commitment to ensure every project succeeds. Invesis provides clarity, certainty and confidence in every project, so that our clients and partners can exceed expectations, deliver value and create a better future for us all.
Whether transportation, social infrastructure, water and marine, energy transition projects or digital infrastructure, our team has the expertise, knowledge and commitment to ensure every project succeeds. Invesis has developed 50 P3 assets worldwide and has a long-term investment approach. Our asset portfolio is very diverse, and includes 19 transportation assets (highway, rail and tunnels), 29 social infrastructure assets (a combination of government buildings, schools, healthcare and justice projects) and 2 water resilience / marine projects.
Your work environment
At Invesis, we are immensely proud of our people and culture. Together, we have built a successful company that continues to grow. Our goal is to build on this success by investing in our people, encouraging and supporting engagement and positive mental health and physical well-being. Our ambition is to have employees who are ‘Flourishing at Work’; who are inspired by our purpose, able to use and develop their skills and strengths, and who can see the value they contribute to the company.
There are short lines of communication both within the team and with other departments within Invesis and our external stakeholders. We always strive for high quality and excellent communication with our stakeholders. There is certainly room for socialization here, especially through our regular company events!
Our ambition is to have employees who are ‘Flourishing at Work’; who are inspired by our purpose, able to use and develop their skills and strengths, and who can see the value they contribute to the business.
Our US strategy
As part of its ambitious strategy for growth Invesis has committed to the development of new markets and has identified the US as our number one priority. We launched the Invesis brand in March 2022 at the P3 Expo in Dallas and made our first permanent appointment in July 2022. In November 2022 we incorporated our business as “Invesis US” and will open our DC office in January 2023.
Our focus to date has been on identifying a pipeline of P3 opportunities and on building relationships and partnerships within the P3 and wider infrastructure industry. The focus is to leverage our market leading experience from Europe in transportation, social and water infrastructure so that we can provide value to our partners and clients on the projects we select to compete on.
The primary purpose of the Project Development Director is to work collaboratively with a wider project team to secure new P3s and wider infrastructure business and, if successful, to deliver financial close. This will include both leading project teams but also may require a more supporting role depending on the project for which we are competing and our partners.
Working with a wider team of experts and advisors you will coordinate and lead across broad spectrum of infrastructure development activities, including the dialogue process with clients and interpreting their requirements, developing a win strategy, schedule and price proposal, overseeing the development of proposal submission material (including writing proposal material yourself), the review and negotiation of project agreements, managing advisors, development and implementation of financing structures, and coordination with contractors and technical teams primarily responsible for design, construction, and operations and maintenance strategies.
Your main responsibilities:
- Work with Invesis experts and consortium partners procure and appoint advisors and contractors as required to build a competitive team;
- Develop and maintain a proposal management plan including schedule, resource plan, budget and project structure;
- Lead (or support) the co-ordination of the analysis of RFQ/RFP requirements and the subsequent written responses, including writing the relevant sections of responses yourself;
- Lead (or support) the dialogue process with the client (and other stakeholders) to ensure effective preparation for all meetings, effective positive communication with the client and developing a clear action plan for the project team following each interaction. This will include you developing and leading presentations to client project teams and wider public forums;
- Drive the proposal management process through effective communication, regular project team meetings, clear action plans and effective monitoring of progress;
- Work with finance colleagues to co-ordinate the development of the cost inputs for the project ensuring all items are costed competitively and there is no duplication/gaps, and to secure debt funding for the project and oversee the due diligence process required by lenders;
- Co-ordinate the review of project risk, including the development of a risk register, ensuring that appropriate risk mitigation strategies are developed. Where necessary, and working with legal colleagues and advisors, negotiate relevant contractual terms in project agreements;
- Work with the Business Development team to develop investment papers and other internal requirements to secure approval for the RFQ/RFP responses and where relevant for financial close;
- Support business development activities including partnering meetings, conferences, and participation in industry organizations and events; and
- Conduct research and development of potential public-private partnership projects, including feasibility studies, and assess the financial, legal, technical and policy aspects of various opportunities.
What are we looking for?
This is a great opportunity to get on board early and help shape the future of a market leading global P3 investor. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we are committed to your learning and personal development and there will be great opportunities for you to grow your career alongside the growth of our US business.
Education and training
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, including engineering, construction, finance, business, legal or economics is required. Master’s degree in a relevant field considered an asset.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience required.
- Experience bidding a US P3 project
- Experience of financial close on a US P3 project
Skills and knowledge
- Comprehensive knowledge of the contractual, legal and financial aspects of P3 projects, including experience with risk identification/mitigation approaches.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills with the ability to effectively manage time, priorities and multiple deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with the ability to, for example, contribute to proposal submission documents, develop contract reviews, and clearly and concisely summarize information for purposes of management review and discussion.
- Ability to convince on the basis of solid arguments and strong, transparent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly numerate and comfortable with financial reports and spreadsheets. Must be able to communicate and work effectively with accounting and financial modelling colleagues and with lenders and other financial institutions.
- Fluent in English. Additional language skills would be an advantage.
- Strong personal values including personal integrity and a commitment to safety
- A team player who enjoys working with other team members, displays good listening skills and humility.
- Demonstrates visible leadership – has the gravitas to gain the trust of clients, partners and team members; is willing to listen to others but then take decisions; is able to motivate and engage with their team
- Enjoys building relationships and networking with people. Comfortable talking to internal and external audiences
- Proactive and self-disciplined. We are looking for someone who can set their own agenda and programme of work and actively seeks to identify and deliver improvements for the business.
- Ambitious – someone who is motivated by growing the business and thereby developing their own career.
- Ability to travel within the US (up to 50%).
What can you expect from us?
A challenging and constantly changing environment in a pioneering organisation. You will join a team where there is an eye for each other. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support personal growth and development.
Find out more at www.invesis.com.
To apply for the position please send your CV to [email protected].