Office Location: Brussels, Antwerp project site and home office
(Invesis operates a flexible working policy)
Number of hours: fulltime (40 hours)
Invesis is looking for a passionate, self-motivated Project Director who brings a wealth of people management, knowledge and expertise. Will you be joining the Invesis family?
You will be responsible for multiple projects in both the maintain & operate phase as well as new projects in the construction phase. Initially the role will focus on the management of two major infrastructure projects: the Liefkenshoek Railway Connection and the Antwerp tramline Brabo 2. Both projects are in the maintenance and operations phase with contracts for 38 and 28 years respectively.
Future projects may include those in the energy transition, infrastructure or in non-residential construction.
Key external stakeholders will include clients, consortium (construction) partners, (sub) contractors, technical advisors and investors.
The Project Director will report to the Operations Director of Invesis Netherlands & Belgium and be accountable for managing the SPV’s (Special Purpose Vehicle) obligations of large and complex projects during the construction and operations phase. The Project Director is a crucial link between the various stakeholders including investors and consortium partners. Ensuring operational excellence, timely delivery and that construction and services remain within budget will be key aspects of this position.
Who are we looking for?
An ideal candidate should:
- connect and ensure smooth relationships between the client, construction & service partners and financing parties, balancing and managing the interests of all stakeholders, ensuring alignment;
- monitor the availability performance of the project in operate & maintain phase ensuring the project is within contract and financing agreements;
- monitor the construction budget ensuring the construction phase is well within the financing agreements;
- identify and proactively manage & evaluate both project specific as well as project transcending risks;
- provide reliable and timely status reports reflecting realistic status against program, budget and additional analysis on cost development ensuring that Board of Directors can make sound decisions;
- manage contract variations and deviations from the specification facilitating optimal use of commercial opportunities;
- manage the activities of the maintenance project team ensuring a productive working environment;
- manage the technical process and realize integration between technical work streams with internal and external parties involved in the project.
What are we looking for?
This is a broad and senior position with numerous consortium partners, clients and contracts. It requires not only strong technical, contractual, financial and risk management skills but also gravitas and well-developed relationship management skills to be successful within the complex stakeholder landscape.
- A Master’s degree in Civil engineering, Construction, Architecture or related subject. Additional qualifications in Law or Finance or an RICS qualification are advantageous;
- At least 10-15 years of proven affinity with project management in a construction (related) environment, preferably with exposure to PPP;
- Experience with managing technical teams;
- Affinity or experience with technical contracts;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
Personal Characteristics & Competencies
- Connects naturally, transparent communication and well-developed inter-personal skills. Bridge builder and negotiator;
- Integral approach; ability to make the connection between technical, financial and legal interests;
- Result orientated, analytical, structured and solution driven;
- Proactive, takes ownership and anticipates; mind-set for continuous improvement;
- Commercially astute, pragmatic and agile.
What can you expect from us?
A challenging and constantly changing environment in a pioneering organisation. You will join a team where there is an eye for each other. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support personal growth and development. Examples of our development opportunities include specific project management training or courses via GoodHabitz. This is an online learning platform for personal growth and development with more than 120 training options that you can follow 100% digitally, wherever and whenever you want.
Your work environment
At Invesis, we are extremely proud of our People and Culture. Our hard work, and fun together, has built a successful business which continues to grow. Our aim is to continue to build on this success by investing in our people, to encourage and support engagement and positive mental health and physical wellbeing.
Our ambition is to have employees who are ‘Flourishing at Work’; who are inspired by our purpose, able to use and develop their skills and strengths, and who can see the value they contribute to the business.
Who are we ?
Invesis transforms lives through sustainable infrastructure. We are a global investor and developer in infrastructure projects that create a lasting legacy for future generations. Our experts manage all aspects of an investment from development and financing to design, construction, maintenance, operations and all the way through to handback. Whether transportation, social infrastructure, energy transition projects or digital infrastructure, our team has the expertise, knowledge and commitment to ensure every project succeeds. Invesis provides clarity, certainty and confidence in every project, so that our clients and partners can exceed expectations, deliver value and create a better future for us all. Find out more at www.invesis.com.
Do you have any questions, or would you like to know more? Feel free to contact Stephanie Binning:
[email protected] +31(0)6 21 11 01 33.