Job title: ESG Business Partner- Company Safety Officer
Office location: Any of the Invesis office locations
(Invesis operates a flexible working policy)
Number of hours: fulltime
Do you want to make a difference and be part of an international organization and contribute to the development of our Health, Safety and Wellbeing culture? Invesis is looking for an Health and Safety Expert, come join our team!
Ensure that all staff enjoy a high level of Health Safety & Wellbeing (HS&W) services and, where appropriate these are delivered to our assets and concessions. Undertake monitoring and reporting to provide assurance to senior management, clients, partners, staff and shareholders that a very good standard of Health Safety & Wellbeing is being maintained within Invesis.
Who are we looking for?
An ideal candidate should:
- provide leadership for HS&W across Invesis and support the Management Board and Business Unit MDs in delivering their safety leadership role.
- input and advise on HS&W elements in strategic business planning.
- set a positive example of personal safety leadership and support and encourage colleagues throughout Invesis to develop their own safety leadership profile.
- provide management for and improvement of our accredited safety management system – Flourishing through Safety (FtS); including maintaining the external accreditation ISO45001:2018.
- act as HS&W advisor for the company; ensure compliance with local HS&W laws and regulations. Advise line managers and duty holders such as office managers on compliance and maintenance of good standards. Continually improve awareness and standards of HS&W for colleagues through new initiatives, events and training.
- Advise and support our concession management teams in their delivery of HS&W services to assets and concessions; provide assurance of compliance and continual improvement.
- provide advice & support to the Origination teams including Business Development and Bid Management workstreams.
- Evaluate potential consortia partners & assets for HS&W performance and advise on risks and potential mitigations. Investigate HS&W requirements for all new markets, sectors and Core+ opportunities as to be able to provide reliable HS&W advice in these areas.
The role will include working with Business Units on the setting and delivery of annual HS&W objectives including training, improvements in safety culture, safety visits and the delivery of HS&W services to concessions. In addition, you will also work with Invesis’ HR Business Partner to ensure the HS&W component of our [email protected] programme complements and supports overall flourishing objectives and targets.
What are we looking for?
- A recognised health and safety practitioner qualification (NEBOSH or equivalent)
- Evidence of a commitment to personal development and learning.
- Experience of HS&W management and delivery in a corporate environment.
- Demonstrable experience of maintaining and improving safety management systems including those that require external accreditation.
- A good knowledge of European and UK H&S laws and directives
- Enthusiasm for, and knowledge of, the Health, Safety and Wellbeing agenda
- Strong management skills and the ability to maintain focus and momentum towards strategic objectives
- Expert communication skills and the ability to engage with staff at all levels across the business
- Expert influencing skills – able to build motivation and commitment with staff and partners who are not under direct line management, and across diverse business units and territories
- Ability to present information in a concise and engaging way in email, letter, report and presentation formats
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Fluent in English (with a knowledge of Dutch and or German a strong advantage).
- Strong personal values including integrity and a commitment to the health, safety and wellbeing of all staff members and all stakeholders involved in the business.
- Diligent and detailed in your approach
- A ‘virtual’ team builder who enjoys working with people and can influence through strong leadership
- A flexible approach to their work schedule. This is a role that will require considerable travel across Invesis’ home countries and internationally to monitor the concessions within the portfolio and to maintain effective relationships with staff and project stakeholders, this will involve overnight stays away from home.
What can you expect from us?
A challenging and constantly changing environment in a pioneering organisation. You will join a team where there is an eye for each other. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support personal growth and development. Examples of our development opportunities include specific project management training or courses via GoodHabitz. This is an online learning platform for personal growth and development with more than 120 training options that you can follow 100% digitally, wherever and whenever you want.
Your work environment
At Invesis, we are immensely proud of our people and culture. Together, we have built a successful company that continues to grow. Our goal is to build on this success by investing in our people, encouraging and supporting engagement and positive mental health and physical well-being. Our ambition is to have employees who are ‘Flourishing at Work’; who are inspired by our purpose, able to use and develop their skills and strengths, and who can see the value they contribute to the company.
There are short lines of communication both within the team and with other departments within Invesis and our external stakeholders. We always strive for high quality and excellent communication with our stakeholders. There is certainly room for socialization here, especially through our regular company events!
Who are we ?
Invesis is synonymous with sustainable and successful infrastructure projects – from roads, railways, tunnels and bridges, to hospitals, schools and government buildings. We are a global investor and developer whose expertise extends to the future global needs of energy and digital infrastructure. But we are more than a source of knowledge, experience, finance and project management expertise. We are a blend of driving ambition and innovative thinking. As defined by our people. People who care deeply. As deeply as you do about building a sustainable future.
To apply for the position please send your CV to [email protected]