Job title: Business Director – Australia
Office Location: Sydney or Melbourne
(Invesis operates a flexible working policy)
Number of hours/full-time equivalent: fulltime
We are seeking an experienced and energetic infrastructure investment leader to capitalise on our early success, establish a sound foundation and drive the Invesis business forward in Australia. This role has the potential to grow into a Managing Director role for a future Australia Business Unit as we grow the Invesis team and investment portfolio.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Establishing and growing our Australian business entities
- Acting as Invesis ‘brand ambassador’ – promoting the business widely and developing a positive network of relationships with government and other clients, co-investors, contractors and advisors
- Identification of a pipeline of future PPP, social/affordable housing and wider infrastructure investment opportunities.
- Supporting a strategic review of the energy transition and digital infrastructure markets in Australia
- Forming or joining competitive consortia to bid for opportunities
- Acting as the senior Invesis representative on consortia – co-ordinating our contribution to the bidding and closing process
- Securing approval for investment opportunities from the Invesis Group Board and shareholders
- Acting as SPV director on Invesis’ Australian concessions ensuring effective reporting and assurance, and taking steps to ensure the achievement of target returns
- Provide effective leadership and support for Invesis’ Australian-based staff to create a flourishing working environment – and working collaboratively with European-based staff supporting the Australian business
- Drive environmental sustainability and social value into every aspect of the Australian business
- Work with Invesis Board and senior management to develop and implement the business strategy for Australia
- The role will require frequent travel throughout Australia and occasional visits to Europe (up to 2/3 times per year) to build relationships with and gain knowledge from Invesis colleagues
Who are we looking for?
- In-depth experience of PPP in Australia including bidding and closing projects
- Experience of the broader infrastructure investment industry including energy transition would be an advantage
- Leadership presence and profile – the ability to be our lead ‘brand ambassador’
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiating skills
- Strong interpersonal skills – an expert in communication and relationship building
- Financial professional with project finance experience and capability
- Experience in PPP portfolio management including acting as a SPV director
What can you expect from us?
A challenging and ever-changing environment in a progressive organisation. You will be part of a team that is there for each other demonstrated by our industry leading staff satisfaction and engagement. Not only do we offer an attractive salary and benefits package, but we also support personal development and growth.
Your working environment
At Invesis, we are very proud of our people and our company culture. Together, we have built a successful company that continues to grow. Our goal is to build on this success by investing in our employees to promote and support their engagement and mental health, as well as their physical well-being.
Our goal is to have employees who feel comfortable at work, who are inspired by our purpose, who can use and develop their skills and strengths, and who recognize the value they bring to the company.
There are short lines of communication both within the team and with other departments within Invesis and our external stakeholders. We always strive for high quality and good communication with our stakeholders.
Who are we?
Invesis develops sustainable and successful infrastructure projects – from roads, railways, tunnels and bridges to hospitals, schools, affordable housing and public buildings.
With a European base, we are now a global investor with a growing footprint and portfolio in Australia – one of our key target markets for growth. Alongside our core business of PPPs we are now diversifying our portfolio in social/affordable housing, digital infrastructure and the energy transition.
Invesis stands for more than knowledge, experience and competence. We are driven by our high standards and innovative thinking.
The foundation of everything is our team. People who put their heart and soul into shaping a sustainable future – and who care just as much about shaping a sustainable future as they do about our customers and partners.
Together, we have set ourselves the goal of climate neutrality. At the same time, we never lose sight of the big picture: to change society positively through infrastructure.
Infrastructure that not only meets the changing challenges of society, but also adapts to them – and thus sustainably improves the lives of future generations. We don’t just take this responsibility seriously – we take it personally. That’s why we always stand side by side with our customers and partners in our projects.
Invesis stands for success.
All our long-term relationships start with the same goal: to create a sustainable future. This clear objective and joint success keep us together as a team, even during many years of project duration
To apply for the position, please send your CV to [email protected].